Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sonoma Workshop


The 24 hour crop was fantastic.  We had 13 ladies on Friday night and about 10 ladies on Saturday.  We had LOTZ of food, junk food and chocolate - so we were all  happy!  Had to make a Starbucs run though to make it through the night, I took a couple of cat naps, but it was good and will do a repeat in the spring!  Looking forward to it already. 
My mom's birthday was September 12th, although we took her out twice to celebrate I had been lacking making her a card, so she told me that when I get to it, it better be a special card for her.  A couple of weeks ago, I went to a Fiskateers crop in B'ham, and made a junky card with all the little confetti stuff on the table, so it looked like it had sneezed on her card.  My friend suggested I make her a joke card first and then present her with the real thing.  So Friday night I did that, gave her the card and her gift, she thought it was beautiful and thanked me.  Then I reminded her of what she told me & presented her with the real deal.  I used the Sonoma paper pack to make it.


Yeah, I got the reaction I wanted :)  heehee

So, what did I work on over the weekend?  I sorted 500 pictures and realized on event I printed out 3 sets of - ugh, so someone will be blessed with about 100 pictures - a new scrapper :)  Gotta keep her busy.  But while most slept I worked on the Sanoma paper pack.  And this is the layout I made.  I think it might be my favoite pack to date.  But then again Close To My Heart keeps showering us with more paper packs surprises, so who knows what's next!  

No, I must get busy & get ready for church! 
(If you would like to see more of the paper pack & what all you can do with it - email me at happyscrappingom@gmail.com and I'll be happy to show you)
Have a great day everyone!

2 comments: